The minimum requirement to attempt Green belt is 32 classes and 4 months. How quickly a student grades largely depends on three factors:
- The student’s frequency of training
- The student’s intensity at training
- The student’s focus during training
For a detailed description of these three components, visit the introduction area of our Journey Section.
Having obtained your Orange belt, its important to start setting your sights on your next grading, 6th kyu Green belt. By no means does this imply that you should be in a rush to grade, or lack patience in developing your skills, understanding and overall progress. It merely suggests that you should start to focus on what skills and abilities are required for the next part of your journey and set an action plan in place to start developing these.
Its only when we are chasing something that we are happiest, most focused and on track to reach our potential.
Questions A Regional Instructor Asks Before Grading Someone To Green Belt
- Has this student continued to develop their ability in their Basic techniques?
- Has this student continued to develop their ability in Taigyoku Shodan?
- Has this student continued to develop their ability in Taigyoku Nidan?
- Has this student developed a moderate standard of kata Saifa?
- Does this person demonstrate good etiquette and attitudes of a karate-ka?