COVID-19 Safety Protocols for Brisbane Classes
COVID-19 Safety Protocols for Brisbane Classes as at 12/01/21
Dear students and parents,
In order to comply with government regulations and provide the healthiest possible training environment for our students and instructors, we have introduced a series of safety measures for our immediate return to classes: The following modified training protocols will apply in all Brisbane classes until further notice:
- There is to be no physical contact between students before, during, or after class. All close-quarter partner work will be suspended for the time being including sparring and the use of kick shields, punching bags etc.
- The combined number of students allowed inside the hall will not exceed the size or density limits outlined by the Queensland Government. Safe-distancing will be maintained between students during training.
- A complete attendance sheet is generated for every class so that we have accurate records of every person who enters the hall. We also possess full contact details of all GKR Karate members should there ever be a need to implement tracing protocols.
- Parents and students should remain vigilant when entering/exiting the training venue so as not to congregate in any way. Please assist the class instructors in helping to manage this requirement.
- Unless a child specifically requires a parent to be present during class, we will be unable to accommodate spectators in class for the time being.
- Students are welcome to wear a mask during training if they wish but health authorities have advised that this is not mandatory if ‘you’re doing strenuous exercise’. As such, masks are not compulsory during training but should be worn before and after class until otherwise advised.
- Cleaning hands before and after class will become our regular protocol. Hand sanitizer will be available at each class and students will also be encouraged to bring their own.
- There will be no hand-shaking (we bow anyway) or sharing of drink bottles/towels.
- Students must stay home if they are feeling unwell.
- For the time being, we will refrain from using the kiai (shout)
- If a student is asked by authorities to isolate any stage due to infection or close contact, then please email our COVID Support Team ASAP at email@example.com.
We will continue to stay in-step with any updated health advisories as and when they are announced.
Thank you for your co-operation and understanding.