GREAT NEWS – CLASSES ARE BACK TO NORMAL FROM TUESDAY 12th JANUARY!
Dear Brisbane students,
The Queensland Premier has announced that the 3 Day lockdown of the greater Brisbane area will end at 6pm Monday 11th January. As a result, our classes will be open and running back to normal from Tuesday 12th January.
Temporary Training Protocols:
To keep in-step with the QLD government’s added caution over the next 10 days, we will implement some modified training practises in our classes during this time. A detailed list of these protocols can be found here. A summary of the main points includes:
- No partner work or use of shared equipment
- No kiais or formal sitting bows for the next 2 weeks
- Refrain from mingling in groups before or after class
- Minimal spectators allowed ie: only where a child may need regular assistance
Whilst our modified training practises will allow us to maintain safe distance between students, the following protocols will need to be adhered to regarding Face Masks for the next 10 days:
- Students should wear a face mask both into the class, and then when leaving the class
- The QLD Government has indicated that masks do not need to be worn if ‘you’re doing strenuous exercise’. Therefore, it will NOT be compulsory for you to wear a mask during the class
- Children under 12 years of age, or people with a medical condition are not required to wear a mask
- You are more than welcome to wear a mask during training if you wish provided your breathing is not being overly restricted
- Any spectators watching the class will be required to wear a mask
- Parents coming into the dojo to either check children in or pick them up, must wear a face mask
Lastly, please be assured that we will be adhering to the capacity requirements of the 4m² (or 2m²) rule in our classes.
So, we’re all good to go again from Tuesday 12th January.
See you there!