Dear Students and Parents,
As you may be aware, the government recently announced that further Covid-19 restrictions would be temporarily applied to a number of indoor activities. We have since obtained clarification from our Martial Arts governing body (NAKMAS) and they have confirmed that karate classes are able to continue, albeit with a few adjustments to class formats and distancing.
In addition to our normal Covid-Safety dojo protocols, we will now also be required to have children and adults training in separate groups for the time being. Provided that density limits in each hall are observed, these separate groups can still train in the one room and at the same time. The maximum size group for children is 15 and for adults, it’s 6.
Your instructors will also be responsible for managing the movement of students in and out of the hall so please cooperate with them wherever you can to make this process as simple as possible. To this end, we kindly ask that you observe the following basic guidelines while the current level of restrictions are in place:
- We are unable to accommodate spectators/parents in the dojo during classes
- Children can be dropped to the door of the dojo to meet their sensei and picked up at the door
- Please do not congregate outside the dojo before or after class with other parents
- Students are not to congregate in groups before, during or after class
- Each group of 15 children or 6 adults in a class must stay within their groups and not mingle
- Please bring your own towel and drink bottle
- Any student who feels unwell should stay home and rest. We’ll see you again soon 😊
We apologise for all the extra rules but we are doing our best to comply with health advisories and remain committed to providing the safest environment possible for our students and instructors.
Last week, we emailed you an excerpt from our current GKR Karate Covid-safe plan. Just in case you missed it, here it is:
- No sparring, partner-work or close-up partner stretching
- No kick shields or focus mitts in the dojo for the time being
- Refrain from using a kiai
- Wash hands before and after class (bring hand sanitizer + sanitizer provided at class)
- No shaking hands in the dojo (bowing is great!)
- Keep safe social distance from others in class of at least 1.5 metres
- No congregating in groups before or after class (inside or outside)
- If you need to cough or sneeze, please do so into your bent arm
- Do not share drink bottles or towels with other students
- If you are required to isolate at any stage, please email our COVID support team at email@example.com
We will continue keeping you up to date with any future government announcements. In the meantime, stay healthy, stay active and stay positive!
Thank you for your ongoing understanding and support.