Would you like to…
• Build a stronger mind and body?
• Feel more confident and self-assured?
• Enhance your fitness?
• Lose Weight?
• Become more self-disciplined
• Improve your child’s concentration and general behaviour?
• Develop inner calm?
• Reduce stress levels?
• Achieve your Black Belt?
• All of the above!
Did you know that…
• Children who train in karate are much less likely to be bullied – or become bullies – as they develop greater self-confidence and respect for others
• Children’s work and classroom behaviour can be greatly improved through karate’s disciplined and respectful training environment
• There are over 600 muscles in the human body and you will use every one of them during an average karate class
• An adult student can burn over 1000 calories in a typical one hour karate class with many reporting significant weight loss during the first 6 months
• Karate kicking engages all muscle groups in the upper and lower abdominal areas and strengthens the lower back
• Enhanced flexibility from karate training can greatly increase posture and vitality… and can assist in the prevention of many age-onset injuries
• Accomplishments in karate are often seen in a positive light by prospective employers who rightly attach images of strength, trust and good character to those who study it.
I love the discipline that karate training has given me and really enjoy competing in the tournaments! The greater GKR Karate community is so supportive and im proud to be a part of it
I'm stronger, fitter, more confident and have made so many friends in the GKR Karate community - thankyou for helping me to become the best version of myself!
I signed my children up in 2013 - and watched them from the sidelines for 2 years. After many invites from the Sensei I finally joined in and wish I started sooner. Being able to train alongside my children is something so rare in sports these days and something i'm so greatful to be able to do!
Im so greatful for the confidence and discipline that karate training has given my kids! My youngest son was extremely shy and bullied at school for it, and since beginning training 2 years ago his confidence has come along in leaps and bounds - thankyou GKR!
Training with GKR Karate changed not only my life but my families too! We are fitter, happier and even closer as a family from our training together!
GKR Karate Prime Locations
19 Campbell Street
North Rocks NSW
11 Haines Avenue
To find one closest to you - simply head to www.gkrkarate.com and search for your closest class.
Welcome to GKR Karate Prime
GKR Karate (Go-Kan-Ryu) brings the exciting Martial Art of karate within reach of everyone. Our classes are taught in a structured and disciplined fashion, but maintain a positive environment of encouragement and fun for all students. We cater for children 5 yrs+, teens, adults and families.
Whilst karate is a highly effective form of self-defence, our teachings also emphasise the important concepts of restraint and non-violence to all participants. Karate training builds confidence, develops self-discipline, improves fitness and places high value on personal character, respect and courtesy.
Our club has been established for over 30 years and developed thousands of highly skilled black belt students and tournament champions. GKR Karate Prime offers both children’s and adults classes 7 days a week, with many of these classes suitable for families to train together.
We believe that everybody should learn some form of self-defence these days. Our goal is to empower students with a greater sense of inner strength and personal safety, while promoting a positive mental attitude and good character.
Our online community is vast and highly supportive of all members. We encourage you to visit us on Facebook to further see what we’re all about! We hope to see you soon.